Today’s guest is Jem Bourouh, Investor, eCommerce industry leader, keynote speaker, and founder of AdCubator. Jem shares his five leadership lessons for running his business, supported with examples, and discusses traveling, moving, and living in different countries around the world to learn all he can from people with other viewpoints. Even though he is very young, he feels he’s got valuable experience to share with our listeners.
Jem Bourouh is a 24-year-old serial entrepreneur from Germany. With his Google Ads agency Adcubator, Jem and his team have spent more than $318M profitably. After being in the DTC space for more than 4 years, he’s decided to not only bootstrap his own ecommerce brands, but also to invest and acquire other businesses such as marketing agencies and additional ecommerce brands.
Tune in and subscribe to future episodes of The Culture of Leadership.
- Why people should listen to Jem
- The drive to create a business began with money but became a way to leave an impact
- Jem’s Top Five Leadership Lessons
- IQ and EQ
- Feedback culture is critical
- If you’re not growing, you’re dying
- Culture is king
- Being a role model for the team
- Moving/living around the world, conquering fears, being open to new people and ideas
- Personal development
- How Jem hopes to hear teams discuss the company culture, what he sees on their IG
- The term “family” and why it’s important
- Boundaries with customer/client requests
- Confidence, growth, and reflections
- 3 Key Takeaways:
- Confident leaders nurture a feedback environment
- Confident leaders emphasize the importance of culture
- Confident leaders are positive role models
- Feel free to leave your feedback about the show
The Culture of Leadership Website
The Culture of Leadership YouTube Channel
The Culture of Leadership LinkedIn
The Culture of Leadership Podcast
The Culture of Leadership Facebook
The Culture of Leadership Instagram
If you have any questions for Brendan around this episode or generally around culture, leadership, or teamwork, feel free to contact him here.