In this episode, I welcome Bretton Putter, CEO of CultureGene, back to the podcast for his second appearance. Bretton shares his expertise on how leaders can successfully navigate hybrid work post-pandemic by focusing on collaboration, people management, and team culture.
Brett discusses the importance of maintaining a strong company culture in a hybrid environment, the key elements of effective hybrid team management and the tools and techniques leaders can use to stay connected with their teams and ensure productivity and engagement.
Brett Putter has been consulted by companies and leaders worldwide on how to design, build and develop a strong, functional company culture. He is the creator of Managing Hybrid Work, an online video course, and has authored two books, Culture Decks Decoded and Own Your Culture: How to Define, Embed and Manage your Company Culture. Prior to founding CultureGene Brett ran an international executive search firm working with high-growth tech companies to expand their executive teams across Europe and the USA. He writes a popular blog on culture-driven companies and is a sought-after speaker.
Tune in and subscribe to future episodes of The Culture of Leadership.
- Remote and hybrid work is not going well at a lot of companies
- Gallup research – data from 8000 hybrid/remote respondents
- The effects on company culture pre, during, and post-pandemic
- C-Suite leaders have a responsibility to direct and partner with HR
- Three key elements of hybrid work culture:
- People management
- Team Culture
- Five types of personas in the workforce now:
- Doesn’t want to be in the office
- Wants to be in the office
- Moved out of the city and doesn’t want to commute
- Wants to travel/commute
- Has children and wants to come into the office around that
- Fulfilling business needs in the hybrid environment
- 95% of workers want to do grow and develop and succeed
- Finding the first steps to successful hybrid leadership
- Leaders who prefer to be in the office are often micromanagers, dictators, or “big voice/big personality” leaders – and they’re becoming irrelevant
- Bretton’s book outlines 9 remote work best practices
- Collaborative processes across in-office and remote environments
- Employee personas that succeed in a hybrid/remote environment
- Building social capital
- Balancing the key elements of hybrid culture
- Elements of the CultureGene course
- 3 Key Takeaways:
- Confident leaders know flexibility is critical for successful hybrid work
- Confident leaders understand the three key elements of hybrid work
- Confident leaders understand their leadership style
- Feel free to leave your feedback about the show
Hybrid work culture course 50% discount with HYBRID50
The Culture of Leadership Website
The Culture of Leadership YouTube Channel
The Culture of Leadership LinkedIn
The Culture of Leadership Podcast
The Culture of Leadership Facebook
The Culture of Leadership Instagram
If you have any questions for Brendan around this episode or generally around culture, leadership, or teamwork, feel free to contact him here.