Video messaging and content are the new normal. Think about what you see every day as you scroll through your smartphone apps. This isn’t “the new direction” – it’s already here.
I’m joined today by Julian Mather, a man who has seen the world through many lenses. Through a telescopic sight as an army sniper. Through the TV lens as a globe-trotting cameraman for ABCTV, National Geographic, and BBC. Through smoke and mirrors as a professional magician. And now Julian is an accomplished author, public speaker, and video content creator.
Julian shares his simple tips and tricks for overcoming your fear of video, giving you the exact steps to take to become a competent video presenter in no time at all. Tune in to hear inspirational stories and examples of Julian’s struggles to become a video presenter and speaker himself. Even the most humble person can overcome their fear of the camera or the sound of their own voice – and truly shine with confidence. What’s stopping you from becoming fearless and famous?
Stay tuned for future episodes of The Culture of Leadership!
- Video is the new reading
- Legacy, AI, and ‘new video’ formats
- Video illiterate leaders vs. those who are really making an impact with video
- If you show up with some humility and vulnerability, with helpful content, you’ll do well
- Stand firm, be clear, and be yourself
- Authenticity – are you the same on video as you are if someone met you in the street?
- Matt Church and his 4 levels of commitment
- Status vs public humiliation
- “Fix nervous with service”
- How and where can you start with video? Start with the Loom app and your phone
- Receiving helpful criticism or feedback
- Start by doing 5-10 “Thank you” videos to people you know– to practice
- SMART videos- Simple, relevant, personal, meaningful, tight, and short
- Three reasons to start doing video – Gen Z video natives, personal satisfaction, cost-effectiveness
- TikTok– it’s not just dance videos
- Are you making videos? Your competitors are….
- Being a better leader – help your audience
- Three Key Takeaways:
- Leaders make SMART videos
- Leaders fix nervous with service
- Leaders use video to increase their impact.
- What action will you take to unleash your inner video star and become a more confident leader?