What is thought leadership? What is it that thought leaders are doing, and who decides who is and isn’t a thought leader, anyway? According to today’s guest, a lot of people are doing it wrong by calling themselves thought leaders – instead, it should be a title that others bestow on you. It’s up to your audience to decide whether or not you’re actually leading.
Peter Winick is the Founder and CEO of Thought Leadership Leverage. He has helped individuals and organizations build and grow revenue through designing and growing their thought leadership platforms for two decades. He has also guided and advised for the increasing business-to-business sales of Thought Leadership products.
Listen to today’s episode to hear Peter talk about how he got into the thought leadership space in the first place and what the term means to him. He discusses both what’s leading the thought leadership field now as well as what’s coming in the future. If you’re interested in how to become a thought leader and what you might do to get started in the thought leadership space, this episode is for you.
- The term “thought leadership” and what it means
- Where thought leadership comes from
- Whether people should call themselves thought leaders
- What got Peter into the space he’s in now
- What’s leading the field in thought leadership and what’s coming in the future
- How you become a thought leader
- Whether thought leadership needs to be around an individual
- Frameworks in the thought leadership space
- Where a thought leader needs to be in their career and life
- The biggest challenges for the thought leader space
- Social media platforms in the thought leadership space
- Advice for people at the beginning of a thought leadership journey
- What the next year or two looks like for Peter
Email Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org